Things I want my daughter to know
1. It’s ok if everyone doesn’t like you
2. Stretch marks are beautiful
3. You have a purpose, pray and ask god that you will find it
4. Your curly hair was prayed for (when you hate it in ten years)
5. Your cousins will be your best friends
6. I am not your friend. I am your mother.
7. There will be things that your friends moms are ok with that your mom is not.
8. Public education will not be your best friend- but it’s the hand your dealt. Deal with it and be successful.
9. Being an only child is a wonderful experience that not every child gets to have.
10. Your Aunt Joni loves you.
11. Worrying won’t negate your problems.
12. You can’t make me not love you.
13. It’s ok to be strong willed. For this your mama prayed.
14. Be a leader.
15. Doing the right thing is not always popular.
16. The end of times are near. Keep Jesus close to your heart.
17. Politics usually aren’t aligned with the word of god.
18. Still vote. Many women fought for you to have that right.
19. Your parents won’t be here forever. Spend time with them (even if you don’t want to)
20. Eventually your friends will be more important to you than your high school boyfriend. Put your girls first.
21. When I give you advice- it’s because I have experiences, not because I know everything
22. Save yourself for your husband.
23. Pray for your husband. It’s never too early to be a praying wife.
24. Fall in love.
25. Know when to leave a relationship.
26. Never beg for a mans attention.
27. Be a lady.
28. Don’t do you boo. Don’t live “your”truth. Live the truth. There’s only one way.
29. Count your blessings. Name them one by one.
30. If you have a dream- hold it near to your heart. Keep it to yourself. People will discourage you from Pursuing it.
31. Eat leftovers.
32. If you don’t work for anything else, work towards a positive self esteem. Everything else will follow.
33. Confidence is one of the greatest qualities you can have.
34. Arrogance will get you no where.
35. Start at the bottom. You will feel more accomplished when you get to the top.
36. Find a work mama that will invest in you. People that have already been there for a minute will know more than you. Let her guide you.
37. Guard your marriage. Satan seeks to kill, steal, and destroy.
38. Family isn’t always blood.
39. Be a mother. In the right timing. If God will give you a houseful, have a houseful.
40. Share a checking account with your spouse. Have our money rather than yours and mine.
41. Be bold. Speak your mind.
42. Take a lactaid pill. Eat ice cream. You only live once. Pretty sure lactose doesn’t exist in heaven.
43. Take the trip. See the world.
44. Always look for the sunrise or sunset.
45. Get dirty. Play hard. It all comes out in the wash.
46. Help others. Give a dollar to the person holding the sign on the side of the road. It’s not up to you to determine what they do with it. It’s up to you to help.
47. Never lose a relationship over materialistic things.
48. Give. Money. Things. Love. Time.
49. Stay outside. I assure you that your purpose isn’t behind a tv.
50. Cry. Whenever you feel it. It is ok to show emotion.
51. Be unique. You weren’t created to be like someone else.
52. Have some hobbies.
53. Learn a trade.
54. Independence is attractive.
55. So is makeup. But it won’t fix an ugly heart.